Born in Poland, Poznan in 1983.
After gaining some experience and some references, found a home at www.sote.pl
where I stayed for 3 years,
developing php e-commerce solutions and modifying existing web apps to better suit the needs of the company's clients.
Moved to London in 2008, joined Telecom plus PLC and have been having a blast !
A registered linux user (this used to be a thing...),
fairly proficient in using older Debian releases,
but lately found Ubuntu much more convenient.
Linux user by preference, but comfortable (if slightly cranky) using windows and xampp.
Playing around with nginx, AWS and GCloud when I'm bored.
Up until 2008 was a fluxbox evangelist and supporter, but for various reason made a switch to gnome and may not come back...
I love working on the backend, designing features and building api's that outlive the original spec.
In 2008 I joined Telecom plus PLC, and started building:
- from a team of 2 to a team of 7
- from 2 websites to multiple web properties
- from to 800k to 4m pageviews/mo on the main website
- from 20% to 96% online engagement
- setup the company LAMP and keeping it running
Lead developer, Project Manager for major product releases, LAMP Senior admin etc. for Soteshop.
Long list of things I work with
- php OOP / MVC frameworks / design patterns
- jquery / bootstrap / css / html / xml / w3c
- soap / json / rest API's
- mysql / mssql / apache (LAMP) / xampp / linux CLI
- Symfony / Symfony2 / Wordpress / Silex
- Eclipse / ZendStudio / PHPStorm / Vim
- anything else I have a manual for
Some still alive,
others gone or upgraded.
Links available upon request.